ASCUE is the Association Supporting Computer Users in Education and we've been around since 1968. Our members hail from all over North America. Our Board plans the conference and works hard to see everything is running smoothly. Our mission is to provide opportunities for resource-sharing, networking, and collaboration within an environment that fosters creativity and innovation in the use of technology within higher education. We have vision, too. This vision captures where we want to see ASCUE be in the next three to five years. Here it is:
ASCUE is an international community of individuals committed to the innovation, implementation and furtherance of technology trends, equipment and practices within higher education. ASCUE is a major catalyst for technology innovation and, as such, provides leadership and opportunities for collaboration to our members. The annual ASCUE conference is internationally recognized for innovation, creativity, and excellence.
We really want to see that happen. So much so, that we've made the following committments:
- We are committed to planning and providing an annual conference that, with excellence, will be a place for educators to both inspire and be inspired by other educators.
- We are committed to creating a conference experience ripe for fostering opportunities for technology innovation, inspiration, and networking among members.
- We are committed to seeking new opportunities to facilitate collaboration within the membership outside of our annual conference.
- We are committed to innovation and creativity in the higher education classroom and our integration of technology.
We haven't just committed to these things without putting some action behind them. Here are our goals for the next three to five years.
- Fully develop the ASCUE website to be a place for resource-sharing among our members
- Maximize available social media tools to build and encourage a true sense of community among our members
- Develop a culture of trust and comradery among our members, providing a catalyst for life-long professional relationships
- Inspire our members to be innovative and creative in the proper use of technology within higher education.
- Increase our conference attendance by 50% in the next three years
- Develop a plan for offering post-conference webinars
- Recruit innovative leaders to share their experience via an educational technology best-practices blog
- Establish an innovator of the year program with the goal of inspiring each member to be innovative in their institutions